Wednesday, June 8, 2016

My First Week

It's normal to feel this frustrated your first week of the freelance lifestyle, right?

I estimate that I've sent thirty query letters.  I know I have received two "yes" votes; thank you savvyauntie.com and yourtango.com!  Two rejections; and am waiting to hear from about twenty-eight more.

I'm giving blogmutt.com a chance as a way to get experience writing content outside my comfort zone and perhaps earn a little extra money along the way.

I have to say that the experience of seeing my article in print at savvyauntie.com and sharing that article with my family and friends has made the rejections and the non-responses easier to accept.  I also know that's part of the risk. Anytime you put your creative work out there in the world, you take that risk.

I'm thinking of compiling a list of the stupidest rejections of all time.  And perhaps, someday, a thirtysomething with a desire to drop the "aspiring" from her self definition, will add mine among them.

Until then, I'm not going to give up.  #bucketlist, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment